How Employee Care Leads to Better Patient Care
Never underestimate the power of a positive workplace. If you create an environment where employees feel respected, satisfied, and empowered, you lead them to appreciate their jobs and become more productive and loyal. While this holds true in any industry, it is particularly important for care providers. Improving employee care in your behavioral health facility or addiction treatment center can make a big difference in the experience that patients have when they come to you for care.
Why Employee Satisfaction Boosts Patient Outcomes
It’s important to consider why employee satisfaction is so strongly associated with improved patient outcomes. Likely reasons include:
- Greater Efficiency & Productivity – It’s known that happy employees are substantially more productive than unhappy ones. Productive employees can get their jobs done more quickly without sacrificing quality, and they use the resources they’re given more efficiently.
- Improved Teamwork – Effective patient care requires that providers work well together. The more satisfied employees are with their jobs, the more motivated they’ll be to help their coworkers.
- Reduced Stress – Satisfied employees tend to have a better work-life balance and suffer less stress on the job. The less stress they experience, the easier it is to make good decisions for their patients.
How can you keep your staff satisfied and productive?
Keep the following information in mind to ensure better employee care.
- Set Behavioral Standards of Conduct – In order to prevent your facility from developing a negative environment that can affect patients, it is important to set expectations for all team members. Employees should follow the behavioral standards of conduct you set, which helps reduce the risk of workplace conflict and promotes improved interpersonal dynamics.
- Value Each Employee – Each of your employees contributes to the overall success of your facility. In order to boost morale among your workforce, it is important to show each employee that they are valued as a crucial part of the team. Set aside time to meet with employees on a regular basis to provide them with opportunities to bring up any problems or concerns they have.
- Improve Workflow – Employees need to count on having a smooth workflow with minimal disruptions. Whether employees provide patient care or handle billing, having an improved workflow allows them to carry out their responsibilities more efficiently. This helps reduce workplace stress, resulting in more satisfied and more productive employees. Investing in software that offers employees a seamless way to integrate work functions helps ensure a workflow with few disruptions.
In many cases, a good way to improve employee satisfaction is by giving better tools to make their jobs easier. Consider upgrading your EHR to AZZLY® Rize™, and give your employees a comprehensive, easy-to-use platform that improves both employee engagement and patient outcomes. Call AZZLY today at 1 (888) 400-3201.